Monday, July 20, 2009

Master Study 4

For my fourth project I decided to recreate a piece by Mar Hernandez, an illustrator/designer based out of Spain. She's got these great texturized vector images that I thought would be interesting to work with.



I'm hoping to use something akin to both of the lectures posted today: using paths to create the shapes and using the different filters to create textures. To start out I've traced the shapes in Illustrator so that I can import them into Photoshop.

3 comments:

  1. That spray texture is actually one of the hardest things to get photoshop to do. I will record a lecture on it today, but here are the basic steps. 1) Make a blur or gradient that you like. 2) Make sure that it is flattened or merged with a white layer. 3) Filter/Pixelate/Color Halftone. 4) Image/Adjustments/Desaturate. 5) Filter/BrushStrokes/Spatter. 6) on spatter make sure the spray radius is large and the smoothness is all the way down. 7) Use Image/Adjustments/HueSaturation to get it to the value or color you want the spray. There you have it. Now just use multiply or screen to blend it with your other layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the July 21st Lectures on Blackboard announcements to see the recordings that I did for this (grainy gradients) and the head study with roughening up Illustrator lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, those were perfect. I'll have to mess around with the head lines and see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete