Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Master Study 2

Here's my master study for this week. Study is on top and original is underneath. Since I don't have CS4, I had to stick with the regular non-blob brush, but it seemed to work fairly well. It went a lot faster than when I've tried to trace stuff like this in the past. All I really did for the hair was create three different brushes (varying in thickness) and then adjust the strokes accordingly. Since I don't have a tablet, I used a pen tool for some of the longer lines and then applied the brushstrokes to that (which I never realized that you could do).

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! good stuff. Next step would be to try out textures through photoshop. Even a simple natural paper texture can really warm up something like this. You still can do a lot of stuff without a tablet, but I still love tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I'll have to mess around with some textures this weekend and see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete