Saturday, July 11, 2009

Interpretation: Week 2

Here's the start of my interpretation for week 2:



I used the same brushes I made for the master study and built the beard one hair-chunk at a time, then laid a second layer of color behind it on a seperate layer. Then I imported the vector art into Photoshop and masked the hand area to make it look correct. It took a while to draw the beard, but it was a relatively easy process. I scanned in the photo from a pile of postcard portraits I have; hopefully I can try this on at least one or two more of the postcards before the weekend is over.

I'm also going to try to continue working on the study, adding textures to the flat colors, which if successful might be something I can try out on these interpretations.

2 comments:

  1. Dustin, great idea for the application. Kind of strange color with no other context. Could you sample some of the texture from the postcards to use in the new beard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the color was more of a placeholder color than anything. I'll definitely mess around with textures and see what I can get.

    ReplyDelete