Monday, June 29, 2009

Interpretation: Day 1

For my interpretation, I decided to try out a promotional piece for my friend The One Electronic; something that he could perhaps use on a poster for a future show. Today, I spent time preparing the vector art within Illustrator so that I could import it into Photoshop.

To start, I created the basic text, taking different letters from two different typefaces and editing them slightly. I then offset a copy behind the original letters and used the pen tool to add the angled connecting sections, giving it the dimensional look.



Next, I plan to cut bits and pieces (like in the study) to create a bit more movement. I don't think I necessarily want every letter to be striped like it is on the right, so I've kept a seperate layer copy without the pink lines. I might try working with textures or scans (I've contemplated scanning in some water color blotches) as opposed to photographs, and see how that turns out. I think that may work out well for a background as well.

3 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for showing us the in-progress steps. I hope that you used step and repeat or a pattern to do all the pink lines. It really helps to have them all spaced equally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a way to do that, and I tried googling it last night for a while but couldn't come up with anything useful. Thanks for the demo, that'll help immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is both simple and very be able to bear or endure look,text content is very rich,after reading deeply moved,very calls. Embroidered logo blazer

    ReplyDelete